Symposium FV Time Manager Presentation
Organising committee: Aleix Solé Sánchez (Chair), Eric Sancho Adamson (Co-chair), Ana Borges de Almeida, Mireia Bedmar González, Quim Casals Buñuel, Juan Conejero Rodriguez, Eduardo Hermo Reyes, Jan Mas Rovira
Dr. Joost J. Joosten and his team present the FV Time Manager, a software that converts and manipulates different time stamps and performs arithmetical operations on them. This time manager is novel and revolutionary in two aspects: firstly, it is generated from a formally verified source and as such, this source code is guaranteed via a mathematical proof to be error-free; secondly, it incorporates so-called leap seconds (in a novel fashion) which are small time variations which most pre-existing time managers have so far ignored, but nonetheless should be accounted for according to the law. The latter has a real impact on road transportation, as shall be shown in the presentation. As such, this project is a first step to an unprecedented level of cybersecurity.
- Opening by Dr. Domènec Espriu Vice-rector for research (University of Barcelona)
- Edward Lowdell Legal Counsel (Guretruck S.L.)
- Dr. Joost J. Joosten Associate Professor (University of Barcelona) slides
- Dr. David Fernández-Duque Senior Researcher (University of Ghent) slides
- Guillermo Errezil General Manager (Guretruck S.L., Formal Vindications S.L.) slides
- Closing by Dr. Albert Cirera Vice-rector for entrepreneurship, Transfer and Innovation (University of Barcelona)
- link to an extended informative piece about the project in the Fundació Bosch i Gimpera webpage.
- link to Formal Vindications webpage where you can find more information about the time manager.
Recording of the presentation